Sunday, February 25, 2007

Wanted: New apartment

I guess my luck as a goat doesn't end. Today we didn't have any hot water and therefore no heat in our building.
Nuno and I went shopping in hopes that when we returned the hot water would be working.
But no, the water was still ice cold.
I waited and waited and waited and waited until 8 p.m. Until I couldn't stand it anymore. I had to take a bath and I wasn't about to take a cold shower in February. So I started the process of heating up saucepans full of water and slowly filling up our very large bathtub with hot water. After I had accumulated about five inches of water I felt it was enough to get cleaned up.
As soon as I stepped out of the tub, I heard the strange hissing sound our water radiators make when they are working. Sure enough. The hot water was back on. Just in the nick of time.
It's an understatement to say I can't wait until we have our own place with a little more space and a separate kitchen so that we aren't cooking dinner in the same room we watch TV.
I do love our view of the Chrysler building and the Empire State building. But I could live with out it if it meant that it took more than 12 steps to walk across our apartment.

2 comments:

subassus said...

ice water is good for blood circulation... ;P

you have always to thing in the positive part...

but, of course... not for me... ;P

Simão Pfc Neves said...

Talk to your brother in law André, and he teach you how to have an IKEA 22 m2 of house.