Friday, July 4, 2008

Help Wanted

Hi all! I know that it has been a really really (really) long time since I last posted, but I am in desperate need of some assistance. As many of you know, I am doing my masters in English as a Second language. I was accepted into my college and was only told months later that my living abroad experience didn't count toward their foreign language credits requirement. I need to take a "test" stating that I am at an intermediate level in Portuguese. Now, determining levels is very vague, which is to my advantage. But to be honest, I think that I learned more Portuguese than someone who took 9 credits of it at an American university. (9 credits = Intermediate level. 9 credits equals three semesters) Is there anyone who can help me while we are visiting the island? I need someone at a university to sign a paper declaring my Portuguese level.
Thank you so much for your help!

6 comments:

Simão Pfc Neves said...

Hello.
I am a little confused, you are doing your "masters in English as a Second language"?
English or Portuguese?
Your master is in Portuguese, that's why you need the other paper, rigth?

Anonymous said...

No, my masters is in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. So, I teach English. However, the university I am attending requires that I have 9 credits of a foreign language in order to be in their program. The problem is that they only told me months after I started my courses there. My courses are intensive, so I have no time to take 3 classes of another language (and they do not offer Portuguese :-( ) So, they said I just need something to show that I am at an intermediate level. That is why I need my paper signed, saying that I am at a low intermediate level.
Jen

Simão Pfc Neves said...

AHHHHHHHH.
Now i understand. The confusion was made by me - LOL!!!
I need to know if the paper has to come only from an University or it can be from a Professional School and what it has to say, ok?

Anonymous said...

I am sending you an email. Check your junkmail in case it ends up there!
Bjs!

Simão Pfc Neves said...

Hello Jen.
I didn't receive any email.
Send to simao.neves@sapo.pt
Bjs

TERRA deVIDA said...

Hi Jen, Camões Institute is the only certified and internationally recognized center that can validate your knowledge of portuguese language for any purpose:
http://www.instituto-camoes.pt/
http://www.fl.ul.pt/unidades/centros/caple/

Best Wishes
Artur Gil